NRA Instructor Basic Pistol
March 9, 2018 @ 9:00 AM - March 11, 2018 @ 5:00 PM| $299
NRA Instructor Course – Basic Rifle
National Rifle Association Certified Basic Pistol Instructor Course
Conducted by a Multi-Discipline Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
Since 1871 the main objective of the National Rifle Association has been to provide education and training in the safe a proper use of firearms. Knowing how to shoot is one thing but, you’ll need to know how to teach others to shoot.
NRA Instructor Training Courses help develop the additional knowledge, skills and techniques needed to organize and teach courses in the NRA Basic Firearm Training Program. Instructor training courses are conducted by NRA Training Counselors. Training Counselors are experienced instructors certified by the NRA to train experienced shooters to teach others to shot.
NRA Instructor Training courses are posted here.
Duration: 16 Hours
Course Cost: $299.00
Course Goal: Instructor ratings are available to conduct the following NRA Courses 1. Basic Pistol Shooting 2. Personal protection in the home 3. Personal protection outside the home 4. Basic Rifle & Shotgun Shooting 5. Basic Muzzle Loading: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun 6. Home Firearm Safety, Metallic cartridge reloading 7. Shotgun shell reloading 8. Range Safety Officer.
Course Prerequisites: Once signed up for the Instructor Class you must go to the NRA website and take the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting Phase 1 – this is provided on the site.
To Qualify as an NRA Instructor, You Must:
- Demonstrate a solid background in firearm safety and shooting skills
- Be intimately familiar with each action type in the discipline they wish to be certified
- Be able to demonstrate solid and safe firearms handling skills.
- Complete pre-course questionnaires and qualification exercises.
- Complete a NRA Training Course in the discipline you with to teach.
- Minimum passing grade is 90%
- Find more info here.
NRA Instructors are expected to:
- Conduct NRA Basic Courses in accordance with policies outlined by the NRA
- Upload the quality and integrity of safety and training standards of the NRA
- Promote firearm safety and the shooting sports
- Report training data to the NRA
You’ll need to take the Basic Pistol Course on Friday if you have not yet taken the basic course. Instructor live fire qualification is in the morning of the first class. Basic Instructor Training and
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor training will begin on Saturday and conclude Sunday afternoon.
Gear to bring to course:
- ATFT Salisbury, MD Classrooms and Range
- Mobile Training Teams
- 3rd Party Host Sites