ATFT Practical Defensive Pistol II
Atlantic Tactical Firearms Trainers Practical Defensive Pistol II Course
Conducted by a Multi-Discipline Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
The ATFT Defensive Pistol II Course continues teaching the participant to safely and effectively deploy a handgun in close quarters. This advanced course is the second part of the two-part series of the ATFT Defensive Pistol course. Through the philosophy of bringing the street to the range, this entire course is conducted on the firing range. Here, we use the range to conduct drills on real life and worst-case scenarios. Deadly force encounters with firearms at contact distances are not at all uncommon. In fact, most occur within 3 feet, under 3 seconds and with 3 shots fired.
We do not train to just “survive” the gunfight but to actually “win” it. Did you really win the fight if you’re permanently injured? Winning depends upon having a successful plan of action when confronted by an armed assailant.
Duration: 4-8 Hours
Course Cost: $249.00 *includes ammunition, firearms and gear for use during the course
Course Goal: To provide you with the techniques and knowledge necessary to defend
yourself and to react appropriately.
Course Prerequisites: Must have completed ATFT Practical Defensive Pistol One and must be able to demonstrate proficiency in weapon handling, working from concealment and single hand shooting techniques.
Course Subject Matter:
- Progression of close quarters engagements
- Point vs Precision shooting under stress
- Shoot / NO Shoot conditions
- Shooting on the move
- Dealing with multiple threats on the move
- Drawing from and returning firearm to a holster
- Reloading under stress
Gear to bring to course:
- A modern firearm (.38 Revolver or 9mm handgun or larger caliber) *for those who do not yet have a permit or own a firearm, it will be provided by the Instructor- Please call the office if you do not have a handgun.
- 3 speed loaders or magazines
- Belt mounted, dominant side concealment holster
- Magazine / Speed loader pouches
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Baseball style hat
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- A Jacket or shirt capable of covering the weapon
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Knee pads (Optional)
- ATFT Salisbury, MD Classrooms and Range
- Mobile Training Teams
- 3rd Party Host Sites
Don’t currently have a firearm permit?
This course will also serve to certify students to obtain their Maryland HQL license. For more information just click here. For states other than Maryland, please visit our classes page to find the right class for you. Click here.
Please call for more information